Saturday, December 20, 2014

How can you tell the year?

It has been so long since the last sunrise hit my eyes. I was unclear. I'm not given a day or time. Perhaps it was a moon rise. Years could be passing by I would not know. It still seems like a dream in my mind. There was not way to tell the year. Everything was so very unclear.

At that very moment I found myself at the edge of a cliff. The waves crashed below. They cried out for me to join them. The tears of a thousand souls landed below.

I looked on as the Sun began to rise, it would be a new day of pain. One I thought I couldn't bear. But some how I would. The constant of dark dispare had seemed to leave me.

I looked at the waves crashing below, rushing sounds blew through my ear drums. The pounding in my ears was the sound of my heart beating faster than it ever had before.

The sun began to burn my eyes, as it peaked out from the clouds. I fell back hitting the rocky ground. I felt the pebbles dig into my palms. Blood slowly began to flow from my left hand. I looked at it quizzical and thought nothing of it. 

As the the blood dripped slowly downward, on my arm I pulled myself up. I was unsure why the Sun burned, but my pale skin began to tingle more. My nerves hurt like I had been set on fire.

I found myself running faster and faster the cut on my Palm seemed not to matter now. All I knew was I felt as if my skin was on fire. Pulling and tearing at my clothes I found a cave screaming, I gave a last breath. The dark enveloped me, the burning stopped. I knew I was in trouble, I thought I had just been asleep. But this was not a slumber. This was something else. I would wait for night to fall and then I would find what this, I had become.

Much time had passed, I waited the Sun finally went to its cursed earth. Far from me and the ability to burn my skin. I stepped out of my cave. I knew what I had to do. This was the moment that would change it all.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment